Security is and always has been the key concept at Billund Airport, where we strive to provide a good travel experience and prioritise your security. With us, you can relax and rest assured that safeguarding you and your health, security and well-being is our top priority. Not even COVID-19 can put a stop to that.
Billund Airport is a secure place to travel from. We are following public health orders to minimise the risk of infection, but we need you to share responsibility as well.
Guidelines for passengers – follow the instructions
There are a number of guidelines you are required to observe when passing through the airport terminal. They are issued by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and are thus applicable to all European airports. However, other airports may have different guidelines and we therefore encourage you to seek information about your arrival airport on its specific website.
At Billund Airport, it is important that you follow these guidelines:
- Check-in online: we recommend that you complete your check-in online. You can do this easily here.
- Arrive well in advance: arrive at the airport well in advance, so you are prepared for any additional waiting time.
- Say goodbye to and greet visitors outside the airport terminal: we love being part of the happy scenes that usually play out in the arrivals area, but for the present time we must ask for goodbyes/greetings to take place either at home, in the car or outside the terminal building.
- Wear a mask:From 15 June 2020, everyone in the airport is required to wear a mask – this applies to travellers, staff and anyone who might otherwise have a reason to be at the airport. Remember to bring enough masks for your entire journey (the health authorities recommend changing masks every 3-4 hours). Masks can also be purchased from Café Square at the airport between the departure and arrivals area.
- Wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitiser: there are hand sanitiser dispensers available throughout the airport. It is also permitted to bring hand sanitiser containers of more than 100 ml. through security.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow – not your hands.
- Avoid handshakes, kisses and hugs – limit physical contact.
- Keep your distance:Protect other passengers by keeping a distance of at least 1 metre.
- Signs of illness: if you feel ill, we recommend that you visit your family physician before going to the airport.
At the airport, you will find signage and stickers that guide you so you can easily follow the guidelines.
All recommendations provide you with additional security to help protect yourself and others.
Please help us to maintain our security at Billund Airport.
More information about your journey