It should always feel secure to pass through the main entrance at Billund Airport. When you visit the airport, you will therefore experience a wide range of measures that meet both the Danish and international authorities’ recommendations and requirements to help ensure passenger security in international airports.
The following are some of the key points of Billund Airport’s measures against COVID-19:
Protective measures against queues and large gatherings
We must maintain a social distance of 1 metre, which is why Billund Airport has installed distance markers on the floor in all the places where queueing often occurs. This includes at check-in, at security checkpoints, in shops, by the gates and at baggage claim.
In airports, you usually walk in the same direction, but in areas at Billund Airport where there are bi-directional walkways we have implemented a one-way movement flow so that you must stay on the opposite side of those walking toward you.
Increased cleaning & disinfection
The airport cleaning team has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection of all physical touch points and surfaces. These include handles, handrails, escalators, security bins and more. And there will also be visible information posted for when it was last cleaned.
There are requirements for protective equipment to be worn at both Danish and foreign airports as well as on board the aircraft. This applies to passengers as well as staff. You will therefore find that staff wear either visors or face masks, while in other areas staff will be shielded behind plexiglass.
Shared responsibility for security – use hand sanitiser and keep your distance
Throughout Billund Airport you will find information posters explaining how to follow the public health orders, so that you safeguard yourself and others around you.
Hand sanitiser dispensers are also set up throughout the airport, allowing you to sanitise your hands wherever you are at the airport.We look forward to welcoming you to Billund Airport and sending you securely on your journey.
Shops, restaurants and services
At the present time, there are certain changes to the availability/opening hours of Billund Airport shops, restaurants and services. Get an overview of which shops, restaurants and services are open here:
A test station for Covid-19 has been established at Billund Airport.
The station is located in the terminal next to the hot dog stand - Steffs Place.
- You can only show up at the station if you are healthy. If you have symptoms, contact your doctor.
- The test is performed on all travelers from 2 years, both Danish and foreigners on presentation of e.g. ticket or boarding pass.
- The test is an infection test, and the result gives a snapshot of whether you are infected. It is not an antibody test.
- The test takes 10 sec. to make, and made by an inoculation in the throat with a long cotton swab.
- The answer to the test will be on Sundhed.dk within 72 hours.
- The test is voluntary and free.
- The test is performed by professional staff from Region South.
- It is possible to get testet up to 72 hours before departure from Billund Airport.
- You can get testet up to 24 hours after you arrive with your flight to Billund Airport, when arriving outside the normal opening hours.
Test station opening hours :
See opening hours on Region Sydanmark's website here.
Opening hours at Christmas and New Year 2020 :
24.12.2020 : 09:00 - 15:00
25.12.2020 : 09:00 - 15:00
26.12.2020 : 09:00 - 15:00
31.12.2020 : 09:00 - 15:00
01.01.2021 : 09:00 - 15:00