Get a safe start to your travels
How to securely pass through the airport terminal
Security is and always has been the key concept at Billund Airport, where we strive to provide a good travel experience and prioritise your security. With us, you can relax and rest assured that safeguarding you and your health, security and well-being is our top priority. Not even COVID-19 can put a stop to that.
Billund Airport is a secure place to travel from. We are following public health orders to minimise the risk of infection, but we need you to share responsibility as well.
Guidelines for passengers – follow the instructions
There are a number of guidelines you are required to observe when passing through the airport terminal. They are issued by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and are thus applicable to all European airports. However, other airports may have different guidelines and we therefore encourage you to seek information about your arrival airport on its specific website.
At Billund Airport, it is important that you follow these guidelines:
At the airport, you will find signage and stickers that guide you so you can easily follow the guidelines.
All recommendations provide you with additional security to help protect yourself and others.
Please help us to maintain our security at Billund Airport.
In addition to the guidelines, here is additional information to help prepare you for both your departure and return:
- Concerns about a booked flight: if you have concerns about whether you can travel or not, please contact your airline or travel agent for more information.
- Concerns about possibility of travel: if you are unsure about which countries are currently under a travel advisory, you can check the latest status for your intended destination on The Ministry of Foreign Affairs website. Here you will also find additional information about guidelines in specific countries.
- Airline instructions: keep up to date on the instructions of the airline you are travelling with. For example, some airlines require you to undergo a temperature check before boarding. Visit the airline’s website for more information.
- Strollers and wheelchairs: there is a limited number of strollers and wheelchairs available for use at the airport.
- Prepare for your arrival destination: keep up to date on which guidelines are in force at your final destination – both in terms of the airport itself and the country. This can be done at the country’s embassy or consulate.