Traveling with children
Practical informations for those traveling with children
On this page we have gathered some information focusing on you traveling with children. For example, we provide. Good tips on how to make the airport visit easy and fun. Hopefully, it will help to make a good start on the journey.
Practical informations for those traveling with children
The visit to the airport is in itself a great experience for the children. Here are some tips to make the airport visit easy, fun and a good start on the journey:
Get a good start on your journey
- Check-in at home at www.bll.dk and save time at the airport.
- Make sure all the children have their own passport, no matter how old they are.
- Keep in mind that no more than 100 ml liquids may be brought through security by persons over 2 years old. However, special rules apply to children under 2 years.
- It is a good idea to have a proper meal before the flight. Choose from delicious and varied offers in the airport's dining area Time to Eat. Here are also children's menus (see the food offer here).
- There must be room for anticipation and play at the airport. Therefore, visit the LEGO store in the departure hall or have a match with the family at one of the four free table football tables next to the smoking cabins.
- Bring extra cloth for the children if an accident should occure.
- Use the airport's pusle facilities both before and after security-checked. The pusle facilities and toilets have turquoise doors so they are easy to find.
- Relax and enjoy your family. Your calm behavior and anticipation will affect the children.
Lots of entertainment for the youngest children
For kids and playful souls
See different movies, where Bill is the main character of an animated digital world.
The universe focuses on the amazing experience it is for both young and old to fly.
In 6 short animated films, you can follow BiLL on his trip from everyday nectar collection, through the airport and towards the warm countries. BiLL experiences a lot when he f.ex. has to pack his suitcase, check in and go through security.
All children must have their own passport, no matter how old they are.
All children must have their own passport, no matter how old they are. It is the municipality's civil service that issues passports and it takes about 10-14 days.
Beware that passports for children from 0-2 year olds are only valid for two years and passports for children and young people aged 2-18 years are valid for five years. Passports for adults are valid for 10 years.
When traveling to certain destinations, the passport must also be valid for a period of three or six months after returning home.
Read more about taking passports:
Free strollers at the airport
Be aware that you can not bring your own stroller through security in Billund Airport. Instead, you can use the airport's free strollers, which you will find just after security on your way til the Taxfree area.
See the map of the airport here:
Protect your stroller on the journey
Be sure to protect your stroller on the journey. You can buy a stroller bag at our Square kiosk in the check-in area, which protects it well throughout the transport.
Rent a box and protect your belongings
You can rent a bag or box to protect your belongings on the journey. It may be to protect strollers/baby carriages or a variety of different sports equipments. Read more about Airshells and book at www.airshells.com.
Find a service representative upon arrival at the airport and show them your rental agreement to receive your bag or box.
When you return, simply drop of your rented bag or box at Arrivals Service.
Children must be security checked just as adults
Children must be checked just like adults, and their outerwear, bags, etc. must also be laid in a tray and sent through the X-ray. The fluid rules also apply here, but with few exceptions.
For children under 2 years, you may bring
(also in containers larger than 100 ml):
- Milk in feeding bottles
- Water in feeding bottles
- Boiled water in a thermo (for example for powder food)
- Breast milk substitute in cartons
- Baby food on glass (partly fluid)
The above liquids may be required to be tasted or dripped on for example the hand.
Food you can always bring:
Packed lunches, fruit, carrots and cucumbers etc.
For adults and children over 2 years you can not bring:
Juice, cocoa in cartons/bottles, fruit syrup, water, etc. in drinking bottles and yogurt if the container can contain more than 100 ml.
Please note that strollers must be checked in and can not be brought through security. However, you can borrow free strollers while you are at the airport, see more here:
Free shuttle bus will drive the whole family and your luggage right to the front door
At each parking area you can call a shuttle bus, which runs free of charge for the whole family and luggage right to the door of the central hall.
You can see exactly where you can call the shuttle buses, marked by the number 3 in a yellow circle on the map below. The shuttle buses arrive within a maximum of 5 minutes after your call.
You can safely park your car. All parking spaces are fenced and video surveillance and are patrolled 24 hours a day.
There is also manned p-service 24 hours a day, if there are any problems with the car, there will always be free help in P-house A, ground floor.
You can reserve parking here:
Protect your belongings on the journey
You can rent a bag or box to protect your belongings on the journey.
It can be strollers/baby carriages or different sports equipments. Read more about Airshells and book at www.airshells.com.Find a service representative at the airport and show them your rental agreement to receive your bag or box.
When you return home from your trip, please drop off the rented bag or box to Arrival Service.